[CAUT] 1850's Pleyel Grand

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Nov 28 08:25:55 MST 2007

On such a piano I think an argument can be made for very light hammers (and
soft too) to go with the very low tension scale, which is, I think, mostly
responsible for the broad color pallete that you have alluded to.  A high
ratio with a very light hammer will allow you to not only keep the action
very light but will keep the key dip very shallow which is more in keeping
with how that piano was designed.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com