[CAUT] glues, Poletti

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Thu Nov 29 05:41:59 MST 2007

I was an advocate of hide glues until people on this list suggested
trying Trim and Molding glue for hammer installation and key bushings.
I tried it and that's all I use for those situations now.  Joints are
easily undone with heat, but hold tight even through extreme climate
changes.  A small amount will hold the joint nicely, though I like to
use the application methods with a collar and such.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls