[CAUT] ketop replacement

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 13 06:51:55 MDT 2008

Hi All,

One of our Steinway D's has very yellowed plastic keytops.  They appear to
be original, but I've never seen keytops this far off white. They look
like the piano's been a smoker for 30 years! The new interim director of
the performing arts center wants to have me replace them (or I may choose
to out-source it).  She said she also didn't like the real bright white
keytops.  Pianotek offers a few that are light cream, and slightly
off-white. Could somebody post a photo of either or both styles? I'd like
to see how 'light' the cream is.  Better yet, if somebody wants to send me
a sample one, I'd return it after showing it to the director for
approval....or do you think Pianotek would do this?

Thanks in advance.

Paul