[CAUT] ketop replacement

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Aug 13 16:05:08 MDT 2008

Where does the ivory come from??? All matching colorwise and all.  Has
anyone tried cow hoof or bone?.  I heard that once from a fellow at the
2001 convention (I don't recall his name) It's sure nice being a player,
but I'm a "hack" pianist;   I like the feel of real ivory.  What about
"ivorite"  is it too white?
I thought one couldn't get that any more.(real ivory that is) I'm playing
a "recital" (loosly put) for my wife tomorrow night.  It's our 15
anniversary.  The Baldwin D (I've told everyone about this one) has a
beautiful set of ivory keys.  It's now a pleasure to play.  It's the power
that lacks, but that's a different thread.  I'll be Wapinizing in October
with Tim Coates for an all day seminar (in case anyone wants to journey to
Lincoln on Oct 11th).  BTW I'm playing the Chopin Waltz in C# m, the
Prelude Op 28 #15 (raindrop), the two part invention #8 in F major by
Bach, and Nocturne Op9 # 2 in Eb major... OK I'm a Chopin lover! Beleive
it or not, I had these pieces down and memorized at 15 yeas old...but
haven't touched them in 15 years or so.  I'm wood-shedding lots!!!  I hope
she likes it!!!  I was able to get the recital hall to help me put this on
for me with the "please turn off your cell phone and no recording"
thing..... I thought that rather cool....and no problem from the hall
folks..They're so cool.  I'm even getting the "shell" behind the piano,
since the recording tech wants to try out the new camera for lighting,
etc.!  What fun.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow,....15 years.....

Paul

"David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
08/13/2008 03:44 PM
Please respond to
ilvey at sbcglobal.net; Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] ketop replacement

Get an estimate from Mike Morvan.   He has lots of options...ivory being
one of them...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044