[CAUT] existing pins

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 14:21:30 MDT 2008

Hi, Jeff and Colleagues -

When I arrived at my post at SUNY Fredonia years ago, there was no hoisting
arrangement.  I contacted the phys plant's 'head carpenter' about my  needs.
Within a couple days he and a crew arrived.  They drilled a  hole in the
concrete floor of the clarinet professor's studio immediately over  my shop space.
Then they installed a heavy duty eye bolt at the center of  my shop ceiling,
with the nut (not the clarinet guy!) upstairs in  the studio.  That was
"buttered over" with concrete patch and the  carpet laid back over it.  This all
happened between semesters and the  clarinet prof never even knew about it!  He
and I became friends and  eventually talked about it.  He said he wondered what
that strange noise  was coming from his floor every once in a while. I
confessed it was my  chainfall, and he was quite OK with it.  Hoisted many plates
over the  years, and even whole concert grands.

~ Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations
VermontPiano.com

346 Camp  Street
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 476-7072

In a message dated 8/14/2008 3:22:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,