[CAUT] Position Announcement, SIU, Carbondale, IL

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Fri Aug 15 16:11:52 MDT 2008

Man,
I wish no one would have said anything!  This will just get me and Jeff
Tanner going again!  Okay, to put it nicely, it seems a little much for the
money.  1: Teaching a class.  2: Repairs of other instruments.  3: A Civil
Service exam?  What is that about?  I had asked on this list once before if
anyone had taken a Civil Service exam for a University gig  and no one
replied.  I guess that means that no person on here has had to do that.  I'm
just trying to learn something about this people.  Obviously with my
experience I would have to take a job similar to this probably if I want to
get into university work.  So don't think I'm running these folks in the
ground!  I can't afford to...  I just want to know what others think.  whiew
boy!  Once again, I am not disrespecting this job or these people I just
want that to be on record!  Maybe those wages are the norm for that area, I
don't know and will probably never know.  It seems low if I compare it to
the last statistics I saw from the Guild.  Well, guess we will see what
happens.  I'm glad that you folks who have worked in a university setting
put your thoughts out for fellows like me to read.
Shawn Brock, RPT