[CAUT] S&S hammer flange rail material and cheap mylar

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:57:58 MDT 2008

Alan,

FWIW, Wally Brooks says that the ribbon is used because it has an definite effect on tone. It acts as a sound "absorber", and if you experiment and put the ribbon under a few and sandpaper under others you will notice more "action noise" with the sandpaper. I tried it, and sure enough I heard a difference. I still use sandpaper most the time but you might want to stick with the ribbon, cloth, or whatever the stuff is, according to Wally.

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU