[CAUT] Tuning pins

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 19 12:28:04 MDT 2008

I know that Samick uses them in their premium piano lines (Pramberger
Platinum Series, Knabe, Kohler & Campbell Millennium Series).  If there
weren't some sort of difference, I can't imagine bothering to do so, unless
it simply adds to the impression they are investing in the highest quality
materials for those particular lines (which, by the way, will be being built
in Tennessee by the end of this year).  I can't particularly tell the
difference except that they don't appear as brightly polished (shiny) as
what I assume are Asian pins in the entry grade pianos.

Jeff Tanner