[CAUT] clicking damper springs

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 22:41:49 MDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> Todd Loomis wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone, I just serviced a Yamaha U3 with damper springs that creaked
>> in their grooves, creating a noticeable effect when the pedal
>>  was depressed.  Do you have any techniques, preferred lubricants, etc. to
>> deal with this problem
>>
>> Thanks, Todd Loomis RPT
>>

> Really? This is new. I've found a number of Yamahas with squeaky center
> rail key bushings, but never this. A grub scrubbing with a soft lead pencil
> ought to do it, if that's the problem.
> Ron N

Hi Todd,

I've found this same problem on P22's as they get older but so far haven't
seen it on U1's or U3's.
Like Ron said a little work with a soft lead pencil should cure it,
especially near the end where the pedal rod lifts, they seem to wear more
quickly there, not sure why.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com