[CAUT] clicking damper springs

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Thu Aug 21 08:06:46 MDT 2008

Clicking springs...not squeeking?   Possibly the fastest way to get the
spring seats lubed, without removing the action or the flanges, is to
'touch a drop' of your favorite lube' ( Samual Smith Imperial Stout
comes to mind)  to the top of the spring...it will wick down into the
grove. Another way, is to use the Hart tool,...let the spring out of
the grove...when it is over on the side of the damper lever,  dust the
spring with the artist brush...or, dust the grove thru the action from
the front.

Dusting the springs of the rep levers this way works to quickly reduce
squeaks  and drag there also.

Dan

Dallas,Tx