[CAUT] Essex uprights

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Aug 21 15:05:27 MDT 2008

List,

A school has asked my opinion of Essex uprights. I've never dealt with them. Specifically, would you choose them over a Boston 118S? I don't know models, but I assume it is bottom of the line Essex vs. Boston 118S.

We have posted much about the Bostons, which I don't particularly care for, but I can't find anything on the Essex.

BTW, I am told that the 118Es are a vast improvement over the 118S, at about 2K more. Anyone know about the 118E?

Thanks,
Jim Busby BYU