[CAUT] CAUT position announcements, CAUT Academy

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 21 15:29:36 MDT 2008

Jeff-

I think you get my point. It's a small number

Consider the recent discussion about the "antique piano market." Small markets are irrational.
The power systems of academia (including state politics, from the governor on down) control what happens in the music department. It isn't market driven.

My personal belief is that the most powerful thing CAUT might eventually accomplish would be to get an assessment of the condition of the pianos and the technician included in the NASM accreditation process. This evaluation should be done by a real technician, not by a Doctor of Piano Performance. Schools take accreditation reviews seriously because they must. It's part of the academic system they use to acclaim their validity.

Ed Sutton