[CAUT] CAUT position announcements, CAUT Academy

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 22 13:39:57 MDT 2008

  Wim Wrote:
  Eric

  As far as a salaries are concerned, perhaps the best way to approach this is to say how much competent self employed piano technicians make. Perhaps include the upper range of some of the better schools.  Law professors at UA make significantly more than the rest of the faculty, due to the fact that they have to offer competitive salaries lawyers can make in the private world. On the other end of the spectrum, secretaries also have wages comparable to what they can make in the private sector.

  Wim

Exactly.  Business Profs, Med School, etc., same deal.  The reason we have such a hard time convincing MUSIC school admins of the same thing is that there is no alternative "private world" salary to compare a music prof's salary with (at least none that I am aware of).  All music professors work at colleges.  And so, they can't comprehend that there is another world where piano technicians can make a living!

Tanner