[CAUT] position announcements, etc

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 24 18:04:09 MDT 2008

Very good idea!

Suppose, for example, that PTG produced a rating of schools, or established a standard for music school piano maintenance. A positive rating, and a brochure to explain it, could become part of the marketing that the school would use to gain students. Once a rating system was established, schools that rated well would be come promoters of the rating system, and of quality piano maintenance. The project could begin by focusing on those schools that have good maintenance programs. Knowing that they could expect a good rating would encourage them to be co-operative in getting a project going.

The terminology would need to be carefully crafted to communicate quickly and positively. (Whoever invented "All-Steinway School" knows how to control language.)

Ed Sutton