[CAUT] enforcement tactics, was a prepared rant

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Aug 25 08:57:07 MDT 2008

reggaepass at aol.com wrote:
>   Jim,
>
> I have used the confiscation tactic myself in an analogous situation.  A
> student had "unauthorized access"to rooms he shouldn't ....................
>
> Alan Eder

> Hey Conrad,
>
> How about confiscating the items and putting them in your shop so said person
>
> might come in for a visit?...............
>
> Jim Busby BYU

I went over everyone's head and talked with the department secretary.
:-}

She left a voice message on the composition prof's phone and then had a
short email conversation with him.

Prof contacted students, who came to my office, tails tucked between
their legs and were read the riot act. I think I saw a light go on while
I was talking to them and laying down the ground rules.

The piano professors all know to run any piano "preparations" by me
first. These two weren't piano students.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

Remember that, while money talks,  CHOCOLATE SINGS!