[CAUT] Fw: Steinway M plate removal

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Aug 25 17:25:38 MDT 2008

Hi Paul,

One thing that comes to mind is to pay attention to the plate when you do
remove plate lags and the nose bolt nuts. Is there a gap between the plate
and shoulder of the nose bolt? Is there a gap between the plate boss and
soundboard dowel? It's likely that the plate was originally flexed at one
place or the other. This will have some impact on your bearing
considerations.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University