[CAUT] soliciting opinions

Greg Granoff gjg2 at humboldt.edu
Wed Aug 27 12:50:41 MDT 2008

Hello list,

Have an instructor here who is poking around the internet and turned up two
items of interest to him: a 1928 Knabe 6'5" grand and a 6'3" Charles Steiff.
Anybody have any thoughts/cautions/recommendations about either of these
instruments?  Knabe is to me more or less a known quantity, though I haven't
seen any of this vintage or size for quite a long time for some reason, and
their specifics are fuzzy.  The Steiff grand is a rarity it seems to me, and
I've never seen one, though I am familiar with the rather fine uprights the
company was known for.

I can be emailed off list if preferred at gjg2 at humboldt.edu

Thanks in advance,

Greg Granoff