[CAUT] Rating schools

Aaron Bousel abousel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 21:12:28 MDT 2008

A good idea, but a lot of work. Why not just gather some information
and put it all in one place? For example, if one school has 100
pianos, one full time technician and a total piano maintenance budget
of, say, $80,000. (salary included) and another school  also has 100
pianos, a contract technician and a piano maintenance budget of
$30,000, I think people will figure it out. How many pianos and how
much is spent on them each year will speak volumes. Giving schools a
rating could get messy, especially if done by us.

Aaron

At 11:39 AM 8/25/2008, you wrote:
>This is an excellent idea.
>
>My opinion, though, is that it would have more credibility coming
>from Larry than from the PTG CAUT.  Coming from him, it would have a
>better chance of appearing to be independent and unbiased.  Ratings
>from the CAUT group alone could project a self-serving appearance.
>
>If you wanted to go a step deeper, you could have students and
>faculty take part in a survey every x years.
>
>Ed Sutton's idea of the schools taking it and running with it is a good one.
>
>Now where can we find a school that would earn a top ranking to
>start the ball running?
>
>On the other hand, if schools know they are deficient, how would we
>get them to agree to participate?
>
>Tanner

Aaron Bousel
Registered Piano Technician, Piano Technicians Guild
abousel at comcast.net
(413) 253-3846 (voice & fax)