[CAUT] Renner back action

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:36:06 MDT 2008

I can do one in a day, in a shop. There was other stuff like putting
capstans and felt under each lever for pedal lift and getting off the old
spring set ups and reusing. Repin the tray to not scrub. Make the lift rod
captive at the ends instead of in the center. (no more squeaks) Install the
assist springs the very last after you have put it in and are certain it
will work properly.

One old Mason and Hamlin with the metal backaction brackets, we couldn't use
the new tray but by altering the old tray, I was able to make some new
levers work. You don't have a great variety of lengths.

Keith Roberts