[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheet

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:07:16 MST 2008

My question is, if you are weighing the whole shank and flange, how do you
know the distribution of the difference in weight? If 90% of the weight
difference is from the knuckle through the flange, the SW wouldn't change
much and so the presumed evening out of the weights is not there. The
distribution of the mass could vary from shank to shank at all the different
weights.

I like the idea of listening to the sound of the shanks. A thinner light
shank should produce a higher sound. Very quick too.

Keith Roberts