[CAUT] Shank to Hammer weight spreadsheet

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 07:34:29 MST 2008

>By drilling holes of calculated depth into a bit of plexiglas, I've made a
>chopping gauge for lead wire.  I pre-cut pieces of 0.1, 0.2...0.6 lead.
>Using the spread sheet, it's a quick job to drill the hammers that will need
>weight added, then tap in the pre-cut pieces.

My precut leads are measured with wooden risers. Ranging .2 to .6 grams.
It's pretty quick to hold the length of solder vertically with the side cutters
resting on the block. Nibbling down piece by piece.

One end is flat cut and one end is pointed which I stick in the hole with
the cut 90 degrees to the molding to wedge in but not split the wood.

My swage utilizes hammer removing pliers, jpg attached. The wooden
button is placed over one prong when needed for support on shallow holes.

Regards,

Jon Page