[CAUT] Shank Pitch

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Sat Feb 23 13:14:47 MST 2008

Ric,

Good info. Do you think, though, that it could have been other factors too? I mean, Chris Robinson did some studies that showed a marked difference in tone by the differences in pinning. (I think DS did this too?) Did your teacher actually take shanks off, tap them, etc. and prove this to your satisfaction, or was it just his theory? (Probably very well-educated theory, but if it ain't shown to me I'm kind of skeptical)

Regards,
Jim Busby