[CAUT] CAUT] Shank Pitch

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Feb 25 13:29:32 MST 2008

Hi David,

Have you indeed done studies to "prove" that different pinning friction has a direct affect on tone? If so, have you published it? Chris Robinson and Rick Baldassin did some experiments about 20 years ago but didn't do anything they felt was worth publishing. Tone and flange friction has been at the heart of many discussions here, but something definitive on the topic would be great to have.

The student here (BYU who is doing some scientific studies could definitely use these flanges.

Thanks for all you do for the piano world!

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU