[CAUT] Inexpensive institutional piano benches

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Fri Mar 7 12:30:36 MST 2008

We bought the Schaff No.7022 stringer style School Benches several years ago as our blond Everett benches
were breaking up beyond repair. These 7022 benches have NEVER needed any repairs, are still solid. I
cannot speak for their present build quality. Ours are probably 15 years old now. The 7022's are now
around $200...but I think we got ours years ago for like $75. Inflation!!!  I would not call $200 cheap.

For piano majors rooms, we now have the Jansen Petite artist bench. ($265) We've not had them long enough
to see how they will hold up, but they seem solid. Sofar, they are still in the rooms I put them in. We'll se
how long that lasts!

Richard Adkins
Coe College