[CAUT] electronic tuning device preference?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 13:25:46 MST 2008

> He's right that the computer enables graphic artists
> to produce a big load of work in a short time,

Well, no, it doesn't. the time is wasted doing computer
related things and dealing with clients who believe there is
little time involved in the artist making up fifty versions of
something so they can reject them all out of hand because they
couldn't seem to convey to the artist what it was they wanted.
After all, you just push the button and the design appears on
the screen, right?

>and to
> make some effects they couldn't make any other way.

Granted, often at considerable expenditure of time and
frustration. Had much experience with software?

> However, I made up my business card from scratch, with
> a pen and ink drawing, and with press-on letters, twice
> the desired size. Then the printer shot it down.
>
> The result was a card which looks unlike anyone else's.
> It stands out from a batch of others whacked together on
> a computer, without recourse to fancy color or raised
> printing.

A mediocre graphic artist is a mediocre graphic artist whether
they are working on a computer or not. Much like a mediocre
tuner, be it with a computer or a fork.

Ron N