[CAUT] Moore vs ET

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 15:35:13 MST 2008

<< > I was thinking that it would be fun to take a piano recording and modify

> the temperament throughout the recording!  It would then be possible to

> listen to the exact same performance, exact same piano, but with different

> temperaments. >>

Greetings,
   Something that hasn't been addressed here, and it is huge, is the effect
that the inequality of a WT has on the pianist. I have observed that pianists
play differently when they become accustomed to a well-tempered piano. The
original pedal markings can once again be used, and the phrasing changes when
there is a variety of tonal resources instead of all being identical.  Pianists
who have familiarized themselves with well-temperaments have told me that even
if faced with an ET piano, they still play the more expressively tempered
passages with more edge, etc.  They often play a little slower, too.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on
AOL Money & Finance.<BR>