[CAUT] electronic tuning device preference?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 19:53:33 MST 2008

> Was just saying 1/100 was possible to measure with what is by now some
> pretty ancient technology! (modified Hale Sight - O - Tuner)

Seems like a "so what" to me. A tenth of a cent resolution is
pushing it into the realm of fantasy on a lot of the nominally
pianoid artifacts we deal with. At a hundredth of a cent,
you're measuring spaghetti with a micrometer, to similarly
critical effect - at which point, it's the sauce that makes
the difference, since you're beyond the effective resolution
of the instrument.
Ron N