[CAUT] replacement grand backchecks (w/ wires)

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Mar 18 16:34:20 MST 2008

Hi Alan,

Regarding the smaller diameter wire, not specifically Tokiwa. If the wire
that is coming out of the key is a larger diameter than the wire that is
going back into the key, you'll have to do something. The last time I faced
this I drilled out and plugged the key and redrilled for the smaller wire.
Were I to have the same job now I might do the same or I might use a syringe
and epoxy to fill the hole and then drill for the smaller wire.
I know this doesn't really address your question, but thought I'd pipe in
anyway.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University