[CAUT] balancier grams

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Mar 18 16:53:03 MST 2008

Wim,

This was covered in my query last month on how to pin Schwander type wippens, and I'll go with Richard Davenport, Mark Cramer, Debbie Cyr and the NBS folks; 8 grams target, 10 grams maximum. Since I've been doing this I've had more stability in my regulations, especially concerning the springs. I know this may seem too strong but I'm sold on it. Actually, I'm a bit more conservative and shoot for 7-8 with 9 being my max.

Mark Cramer wrote me an excellent private post explaining some good "stuff" about why stronger is better. I won't put that here w/o his permission. Mark? Care to pipe in??

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU