[CAUT] Moore vs ET

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:34:14 MST 2008

No, some people think A4 should  *always* be at 440 so they construct
the alternate temperament so A has no offset.  Others prefer to keep the
overall tension the same as in ET so they'll sacrifice the A so that all
the offset numbers add up to 0 and there will be no tension difference
when the WT is used.  The temperament as I've listed it below would have
a net gain of overall tension of 13 cents.  If you lowered each note
1-cent that would make a gain of only 1 cent so the tension would be
essentially the same as ET.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu