[CAUT] Full Cover w/ DC

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Mar 27 08:08:07 MST 2008

	Yes, I had thought of using that white foam board that architecture
students use for making models. But how do I make it look like it
"fits the decor?" It might work on the console, slid under the bottom
board (I'm still thinking a good bit of heat might be introduced
through the casters). With the grands, next to the baseboard heaters,
I need to devise baffles that don't look like a piece of cardboard
leaning against the wall. I was thinking the "space blanket" (camping
supplies) might disguise with fabric and drape somehow. Just haven't
really got down to more than idle thoughts. I should do that <G>.
	At any rate, the point of my posts is to note the difference between
exposure to dry air and direct exposure to heat. I wouldn't have
thought those baseboard heaters or radiant floor heat would be such an
issue. I thought they might be better than forced air because that
sort of heating system doesn't remove as much moisture from the air as
forced air, so the ambient RH stays closer to constant. Experience
tells me they can be quite a problem, possibly far worse than a forced
air system that plays havoc with RH from season to season.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu