[CAUT] Bass bridge, string scale, cantilevered bridge, tone

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 1 22:11:32 MDT 2008

Speaking of the belt, I noticed on a newer Mason & Hamlin A that it had a pretty short backscale, especially the lower notes.   If a modification was to be done (I'm not planning this or anything, just interested) would material be removed from the belt and the bridge moved closer toward the t-pins?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044