[CAUT] buzzing truck

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu May 15 18:52:54 MDT 2008

Ditto on the swivel cups. And since you can't access the slotted screw
head, you have to swing the arm away to tighten (lift under that leg,
having braced under the other two legs - wooden wedges under the truck
ends). It can be done pretty quickly with the stuff all gathered
together, especially with a jack-in-the-box arrangement (though I just
use a folding sawhorse and lift with my legs straddling the piano
leg). We're talking less than five minutes a leg, not a real big deal
in terms of time.
	I can't imagine replacement of a truck being needed to eliminate a
buzz. I would shoot some viscous oil wherever there was contact (use
some kind of oiler with extender tube), maybe linseed thinned a bit,
as an alternative to PVC-E, either as insurance or if you are actually
hearing a buzz from those other contact points.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu