[CAUT] NM Seminar

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon May 19 13:04:33 MDT 2008

List,

I just returned from Fred's domain at UNM Albuquerque and the Wally Brooks seminar. Although I've been to Wally's classes before this was a real treat to have an all day event. Thanks Fred and others! It was fun to see Fred in his element. I was especially amazed at the size of his huge shop.... ( ;-)

It sparked a thought. If other CAUTS and/or chapters would sponsor these kinds of events around the country it would be a great opportunity for CAUTS to get together, learn more "stuff", and fill a gap between "conventions" and regular PTG chapter meetings. Vince and I drove about 600 miles one way and shared a room so that with the $75.00 class fee, gas and food, the trip cost around $220.00. Well worth it! As an added bonus Fred was there, Nick Gravagne, and several others. 18 in all. Of course, it's always fun and informative to spend 20 hours in a car with Vince too... That was nearly worth the money, picking his brain. I'm glad he likes Bill Evans so well!

Other one-day seminars I'd gladly drive to;
-          Ron Nossaman
-          Del Fandrich
-          Rappaports
-          Gravagne
-          Spreeman
-          Wyatt
-          Many on this list
-          Etc. etc. etc.......

BTW, I did not use BYU time or money for this if you think "that guy must have too much time on his hands."  <G>

Vince and I are in the process of getting someone here for an all day-er.

Jim Busby BYU