[CAUT] pianoforte wire

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 12:36:43 MDT 2008

 >>From:		"David's Email" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>  [ Save Address ]

>>I have a broken/missing string/wire on one of our pianofortes.   I would like to order a set of wire so we have it in
>>stock.   Does anyone know what sizes are typical for a pianoforte?

>>Thanks...

>>David Ilvedson

>>David Ilvedson

	>Attached Message
>From:		David Doremus <algiers_piano at bellsouth.net>  [ Save Address ]
>Date:		Sat, 04 Oct 2008 20:07:13 -0500

>Not enough information... Size? Maker? Time period? Scales are radically
>different from place to place and year to year.....

>Dave
> New Orleans

Dave and Dave,

If the instrument is at Stanford, I suspect it was built by Paul Poletti. Paul moved to Amsterdam (yes, "Amsterdam" as in "Netherlands") about ten years ago, but his former assistant Janine Johnston is still in the San Francisco area. Might be able to help you, even if it isn't a Poletti:

510-549-1520
   janartmuse at earthlink.net

Israel Stein