[CAUT] P-12ths was: Tuning a Steinway D and aBosendorfer Imperial together

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 02:50:14 MDT 2008

Hi Kent,Since there is almost no technical sheet on how PureTuner works and from what you told me there is no adjustments that you can decide on, is it possible there is only one tuning curve stored in this program and it applies it to all pianos? I went on the website and there's not much. Does the program ask you to measure some notes before calculating the tuning or is it just a turn it on and tune in any order? From what you say, if some pianos are tuned wider and some narrower, there could be only one curve in there and all pianos would be tuned to the same frequencies note to note. This would explain how your S&S and Bosendorfer sounded so good together.I'm not too sure. Wish Bernhard would tell us more about his program and add some tweeking functions in it.Marcel CareyDate: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:57:49 -0500From: kswafford at gmail.comTo: caut at ptg.orgSubject: Re: [CAUT] P-12ths was: Tuning a Steinway D and aBosendorfer	Imperial togetherThe tunings sound good in the bass. They are wider than a pure 3:1 12th. Beyond that, I can't characterize the tunings as to width. PureTuner tunes some pianos wider in the bass than that to which I am accustomed and some pianos narrower that that to which I am accustomed...
Kent