[CAUT] position announcements, etc

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 5 12:40:21 MDT 2008

It's the proverbial carrot and stick. Debbie has outlined a very nice
stick: IMHO what will get noticed is parents and/or students asking
potentially embarrassing questions in evaluating which school to
attend. So we can easily suggest those.

The carrot is providing excellent pianos. Truth is, few of us can
keep very many of the pianos in excellent condition, but it only
takes a few to be able to say, "Oh, you like that. Me, too. We could
have a lot more of that if only there was the proper support."

Doug Wood
School of Music
University of Washington