[CAUT] Richard Kingston harpsichord parts

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Sep 5 17:58:41 MDT 2008

Here's a Kingston jack. Note the slots for two dampers (possibly) or
for choosing which side the damper goes on. Also the 1 mm allen
wrench, which fits the allen screw he uses as a top adjusting screw.
The tongues have a single slot for the plectrum, which makes it
miserable to extract a plectrum that is broken off flush (not the
Hubbard style cross slot).
	The tongue has an axle that snaps into hole in the jack body. It also
has the rough equivalent of "bird's eyes" to keep the tongue spaced in
the middle of the slot, and to reduce friction. Axle diameter .061",
tongue width .157", width to outside of "bird's eyes .235", total axle
length .300".
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico