[CAUT] Reasonable job descriptions

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:05:57 MDT 2008

Paul,

Yes, we have 400 pianos, but we do get free tuition and ½ for our kids. There are 2 fulltime techs, one part time, and usually about 4 students. I agree with you.

My main point was that there are dozens of techs out there who would come in and take my job for less money, and only the top artists would really know a difference between excellent and “good” or “OK”. To me that’s what is sad. That’s why I can’t see how to make headway in the salary thing w/o a CAUT credential or something like it. And a solidarity thing, which is kind of what I thought you were alluding to, would also be pointless. Or, maybe today is one of those days that I shouldn’t think about it and just get back to work.

Regards,
Jim

p.s. Yeah, Dave Ramsey is now one of my heroes.  2 more years for my “yell”.