[CAUT] False beats Steinway B

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 11:51:04 MDT 2008

Greetings,
   When I wrote:" that he

has found a lot of bad wire in brand new pianos! " >>

            I  was not speaking of metallurgy, but rather, overtightened, or
poorly installed wire.  I am not qualified to judge the quality of wire, other
than by ear.  I use the Mapes Gold series, which  I believe is the factory
supply, also, so I tend to compare their work with mine on even ground.
     The technique is as important as the wire, itself, and I wonder if
factory production imperatives just push workers faster than they can go and still
concentrate on finesse, rather than quota.   I string slowly, but I have to
live with my work,(I am still tuning pianos I strung 30 years ago), so I keep
telling myself it will pay off in clarity, ease of tuning, etc.  It mostly does.

 Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a
new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at
StyleList.com.<BR>      (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)</HTML>