[CAUT] For Les and Avery

Waldrop, Craig Craig_Waldrop at baylor.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:18:43 MDT 2008

Friends on the list,

As a few of you know (but most wouldn't), I am originally from Houston
and my eighty-year-old mother has a lovely house which she has lived in
for thirty years in the Galveston Bay area.  I have her safely ensconced
at my house in Central Texas.  We have received news from friends and
emergency workers in that area.  Just to add some confirmation of the
news stories, etc. my Mom's house had a five-foot surge of water running
through it!  I suppose the good news? is that the house is still
standing; the bad news is that everything she owns is pretty much
ruined.  There is floating debris everywhere and of course there is no
water or power.  Her refrigerator was floating on its back in the living
room!  Also, snakes are a problem... Yes sir, it is indeed a real mess!

Life goes on,
Craig

Craig Waldrop, RPT
Staff Piano Technician