[CAUT] teflon bushings

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 17:15:31 MDT 2008

>The client does not want to replace parts.  Any solutions for a
>"fix" other than rebushing and pinning, which I've done in the past?

Treat the yoke with thin CA to stabilize it against moisture.

Remove the bushings and insert a drill bit shank that fits snugly into
the holes. This hopefully will maintain the alignment while the CA sets.
Had nothing been placed in the holes they would need to be drilled to
accept the bushing and risk misalignment.

I've heard that once the yokes are treated with epoxy or CA
most if not all of the problems disappear.

CA would certainly be faster.

Regards,

Jon Page