[CAUT] Which side to yank the butterfly spring?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 05:37:32 MDT 2008

The direction of the winding on the coil makes it advantageous
flip it out on the bass side. Removing it on the treble side has
the coil tilted and the wire bearing on it, plus the shank of the
spoon is on that side getting in the way when trying to weaken
the spring. Removing the wire on the bass side keeps the coil
vertical and the wire bending in line with the coil.

That is for tension adjustment. When I remove the spring from
both ends, I'll flip the top out the treble side and the bottom
out the bass side. This places less stress on the spring which
makes it easier to handle because the spring arms are not
binding  on the wippen.
--

Regards,

Jon Page