[CAUT] harpsichord seminars

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Sep 20 12:29:14 MDT 2008

I've got a copy of that cartoon on my office door (10 years old or
more). Pretty memorable.
	I don't think there is any organization concerning harpsichords and
fortepianos. There _is_ a harpsichord list (listserv, just like caut
and pianotech). A mixed bag of players, makers, hobbyists, etc last I
paid attention, quite a few years ago.
	There has been talk on the caut committee of doing a seminar devoted
to harpsichord and/or fortepiano as part of the endorsement scheme, as
an additional, advanced endorsement. But we probably need to have the
basic seminars on piano work in place first (first one set tentatively
for 3/27 - 3/29/09 in KC).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico