[CAUT] Presentation on Piano Care

Fortenberry, Kevin kevin.fortenberry at ttu.edu
Tue Aug 11 15:47:21 MDT 2009

David,

If you are not already planning on including at least a little bit of info on Piano Humidity Control systems, this is a perfect opportunity for some continuing ed (or introduction in many cases) on what is available.  I understand that this could easily "sound like" a Damp-chaser sales pitch, but it's all in the way you present it. You would not even have to mention a company name, and you could keep it very brief by saying something to the effect of: "This could be a fairly time-consuming topic, but I would be remiss if I did not at least acknowledge that they are readily available and CAN indeed help tremendously in MANY instances".
Although there are numerous places that these systems are not possible to use (recital hall, etc) THERE ARE many places in which at least partial systems, and as in many faculty studios, full systems are amazingly helpful. There is still such a great lack of knowledge on the topic-at least in my area. (I readily admit that I am not considering the climate in your area-which may be a factor)

Kevin Fortenberry, RPT
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX

Today's Topics:

   1. Presentation on Piano Care (David Bates)
   2. Re: Presentation on Piano Care (mcneiltom at aol.com)
   3. Re: Presentation on Piano Care (Richard Murphy)

Message: 1