[CAUT] CAF

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Sun Aug 16 19:39:23 MDT 2009

Two tests for CAF:

1.)    Wink the jack tender; the hammer should wink, but the repetition
lever (watch the regulating button) should not.

2.)    With hammer up, flick the jack tender to make sure the jack snaps all
the way to rest.

Both symptoms are the result of excessively weakening the rep spring, mainly
to accommodate loose centers (lever or hammer flange) and often in
combination with lighter after-market hammers.

Mark Cramer,

Brandon University