[CAUT] CAF

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Aug 17 14:18:21 MDT 2009

Ric,
My example involved the hammer tail engaged against the backcheck
below the hammer line, yes the jack was stuck between the knuckle and
the stop felt but that was secondary to being caught in check while
bouncing too low.  This happened on repetition too fast for the action
in the state it was and cushion 1/2" below the shanks.  I have another
D where the piano proff complains that the action is slow and yes the
cushions are low.  On very rapid play, especially involving
repetition, the hammers are busy exploring their bounce when they
should be reset and ready.  The local Steinway tech. thinks the piano
is "just fine."

Andrew Anderson