[CAUT] temperature and pitch

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Sat Dec 12 11:19:33 MST 2009

Re: [CAUT] temperature and pitchCertainly many anecdotes are true, but hard data  are needed to verify general principles. The stories we've been reading would be useful guides to designing experiments in a controlled environment where temperature, humidity, pitch, and other variables could be accurately measured. Of course every piano is a special case, but we shouldn't have to guess about such basic issues.
Laurence