[CAUT] Nossman Rebuilds.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Mar 9 15:45:24 PDT 2009

Jim Busby wrote:

> I agree about Ron’s pianos. And I hope I don’t embarrass Ron, but if you
> saw how small his shop is you’d be amazed. No ½ million dollar machines
> in a spacious setting (I won’t go any further Ron…) just some common
> tools, mixed in with some VERY uncommon, creative ones,  and about a
> million dollars of common sense! Very inspiring indeed.

Not embarrassed Jim, just awfully cramped. It is, or was, a
two car garage. In addition to workbenches, two band saws, a
table saw, planer, shelves, cabinets, soundboard dryer box,
furnace, flocks of tools and jigs, and the woodpile that
devoured Hoboken, I had two Ds and a B in there at the same
time last summer. Looked like I was raising Angus bulls in a
shoe box.

> Ron does one thing that sets him apart from most of us; he questions
> everything. “Why do it that way??” Because it’s always been done that
> way is about the worst answer… He looks at everything from bottom to
> top, tests, tries, and when he has an opinion it’s usually based on
> experience and/or good science. And his pianos are the proof.
>
> Jim Busby BYU

Thank you, sir.
Ron N