[CAUT] Tri chords in bass. was Nossaman Rebuilds.

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Mar 10 07:15:19 PDT 2009

Bill, Others,

Concerning wound trichords;

1.       Scott Jones "String Couplers" work beautifully to mask this flaw in the piano. Put one on two strings. This makes an incredible, immediate improvement

2.       Some will say that wound trichords always reveal a scale/design problem. I think it does, nearly all of the time.

3.       In the UST7 if you replace the last two plain wire notes with wound trichords (requires new hitch) the break disappears. (Skelton/Canada. It works!)

4.       There's probably 40 things that people have found over the years to improve a D. Ron just does it! (Why doesn't the factory?)

Jim Busby BYU